[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE Sparkly Guinea Pig Cleaning Slippers

Carla Martinez cmartinez36 at houston.rr.com
Wed Dec 7 19:48:13 EST 2005

High five to Caroline for the Guinea Pig shopping sighting! And wow how
cool that they like to wear a little dazzle while doing their slave
chores! The only thing I would like to suggest. . .  well, you didn't
tell us if you chatted with them, and I don't know how common guinea
pigs are in the U.K., more common than in the U.S., probably. But, Well,
if it happened in my area I think the correct response is, "OH! You have
guinea pigs?! Wow! I do too! Don't you love them? I love them! How many
do you have? I have ____! How old are yours? Mine are ______! Aren't
they the greatest pets!" And if you have a photo with you, you get it
out. And then you just keep going on and going on until somebody has to
leave. And you get extra guinea pig points if sometimes they think you
are a little nutty.

Yes this is my own Guinea Pig Search Game. It is great because you can
play it almost anywhere. I always look for real life guinea pig people
that measure up to our GPDD buddies! I got a great big score last Sunday
at PetSmart. It was really rare for me. I successfully engaged two
guinea pig people in conversation :) One was a father/daughter pair that
already own a gp. The father said they are beautiful. Isn't that nice? I
talked them into getting hay for their little guy. They didn't know!
eek! The other one was a mom and her teenage daughters. They were
thinking about buying a hamster and I sang the praises of the guinea pig
to them. They got interested. I was doing my part for the noble cavy!

How come in this huge city I live in (Houston)I have only found one
guinea pig friend and he lived really really far away. The great Guinea
Pig Search Game continues :)

Carla, Snickers and Snowball