[Gpdd] [CARE] <Car travel>

SCOTT KLING bugsmom33 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 8 22:23:12 EST 2005

I have received a message from Santa that our young son will be getting a new friend for Christmas - a female guinea pig! We are very excited for my son (and me because I have always wanted one!!) I have been getting lots of great information from the web and from books, but one question that I can't seem to find an answer to is car travel. We have a weekend house that is a 3 hour drive away and we will be heading up right after Christmas for about a week. Our plan was to bring little piggy along so she and my son could bond without the cats lurking about. We are in the midwest and do have cold weather so my plan was to heat the car before putting piggy in and keeping the cage partialy covered by a blanket to protect her from drafts. I welcome any other advice or suggestions to make this as stressfree for the little newcomer and the new owners. (leaving her behind is not an option)