[Gpdd] Heatlh-Harley, Bull and Chief

jessica augenstein missapedept at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 12:57:17 EST 2005

I know it has been so long since I have wrote.  All pigsare doing fine BUT during the Hurricane (Rita) hit with in about 60 miles of our home.....out of electricity for 2 weeks ..no shelter to putthe pigs in.  They were SOOO hot.  IF ANYONE lives in n areawhere hurricanes hit...Have a plan for the pigs.  I didnt becuase the storm was not projected to go to us but it did .  My Guinea PIgs were MISRABLE...adn there was no relief for them.  I kept them outside during the day in the shade, on  the grass because their bedding was destroyed in the shed,.  I eventually had to use newspapaer and cardboard BUT while trying to conserve on food and bedding..they got lice.  NO vet in town was open to treat them for a week. I felt so bad there was NOTHING I could do. PLEASe have some sort of back up plan.  All made it out with great health but to see them suffer was beyond me.  THere was no where to buy food, not even veg's because they spoiled in the stores when the lights went out. I hope to
 never see a hurriacane again in my life time but if I do I wil be better prepared for my boys.We had minor damage to our home but all is repaired at this time. God Bless.

Jessica
Chief, Bull
And Harley