[Gpdd] [CARE] <food and excercise>

SCOTT KLING bugsmom33 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 10 08:03:35 EST 2005

Thank you all so very much for the great information regarding car travel! Everyone had been so positive and there were so many responses that I am coming back for more of your expertise:

  First - I know that fruit and veggies are going to be a staple for little piggy and I have already found out that shelled sunflower seeds and any shelled nuts are a no-no, but what about the seeds that have been de-shelled? What about peanut butter? (perhaps on a carrot?) And are there any fruits and veggies that are a no-no? (mango, pineapple, coconut, strawberries, pitted cherries, mushrooms,broccoli, etc) What about dried fruit - rasins, apricots, banana, etc)

  Second - has anyone tried the extra large exercise ball? The kind that you put the critters into and they are enclosed (and protected). Because we do have 3 cats (15 yr, 8 yr, and 2 yr) I was considering the big ball ( it was 24" - about the size of a basketball).

  I must tell you all that I am so excited about this new addition to our family that I have been having problems sleeping! I keep hoping that my husband will let Santa stop by early - but he hasn't given in yet. I have wanted a guinea pig since I was 7 years old - I am now almost 40! so this is like a dream come true for me. I have also discovered that most of my friends and neighbors are all piggy fans and they have been calling me to see if piggy can stay with them until Christmas (we will be picking her up a week before) I got to choose from 4 homes and made the decision based on how close to my house, and where they were going to keep her! (2 admitted that it might be too hard for them to give her back!). My son is 4 and an only child, he loves animals and is already planning on becoming a zoologist! He calls the cats and dog his brothers and sisters (the fish are cousins), so I really cant wait to see his reaction.

  Thanks again for all the the great support and info!

  Juls