[Gpdd] Care: Car Travel & Car Sickness

Mcneil, Leah CIV N81-BRANCH leah.mcneil at navy.mil
Mon Dec 12 11:22:19 EST 2005

Hello Slaves,
My Hubby had asked me about piggies
getting car sick, since we'll have to drive
about 6 hours when whee move the piggies
down to Charlotte. And honestly, I've never
heard of a pig getting car sick, but who's to
say? The longest I've ever driven with the
pigs in the car is about 2 hours (to Brownie
Bear's Vet up north). I keep them in separate
cages because Brownie Bear likes her
personal space. She travels better than
Butterscotch, well, or so I thought. I figured
out that BS wants to be totally covered, so
I started putting a small hand towel over
him and he does fine now. I have 2 cat
carriers that I use, and I put a towel down
with lots of hay on top of the towel.

When we move to Charlotte next month,
we're going to feed and water the piggies
after 3 hours (halfway through the trip). And
then continue on. I'm thinking that should
be sufficient. This will be Brownie Bear's
4th move with us, and the 5th place she's
lived in. This will be Butterscotch's 1st move
with us. I am very Excited. Brownie Bear
knows we're getting ready to move because
we have been packing stuff up. But, Butterscotch
has no clue. He's so Innocent...

     Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeps,
                    BB, BS, & me :-)