[Gpdd] Care: Car Travel & Car Sickness

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 13:42:06 EST 2005

  Leah,

  I am sure you all are excited about the move.  BS and BB are probably suspicious of something coming up soon also.

  I have never heard of a guinea pig getting car sick, but some are scared of the noises of the vehicle.  I had traveled about 5 hours with my Isabelle when I adopted her from someone in OH, but picked her up in W. VA.  We gave her lots of hay and veggies and a drink now and than.  She didn't seem too scared.  I also adopted a pig from NJ and they didn't seem too affected by the ride.  Now I had this other pig, along with 2 others that I picked up from someone that drove here from NY for me to transport them to W. VA, he was scared to death.  We had to throw a small hand towel over him and for you to take away that towel, swear the world was coming to an end.  Sounded like he was going to be murdered.  But as long as he had that towel, he was fine.

  Good luck to you all!  Let us know when you will be moving and when you get there.

  Wheeks to all,
  Lisa and the Guinea Girls and the newest Guinea Girl, Willow
  Forever in my Heart, Cupcake and Flint

The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"