[Gpdd] BRIDGE: Lucy

Lyndsay M Hunter piggies_on_parade at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 15:17:47 EST 2005

      Hello all,
  Sadly, our little Lucy crossed the bridge early this morning.  She has battled all sorts of ailments, the biggest of which being bloat.  Early this spring she went to the vet three of four times to have her stomach pumped.  We thought we had lost her so many times.  We became very aware of when she started to feel bad, and we could get her on the right meds right away.

  After a quite trying spring, she only started feeling bad once or twice and we caught it right away.  She took 2 meds twice daily and she had been doing so well.  Yesterday before dinner, we noticed that she wasn't feeling her best but she hadn't really looked completely miserable like she had in the past.  She was somewhat slower last night, but she did walk around her cage for a bit and did take some nibbles of a cucumber.  I did feed her a bit of Critical Care before dinner and then snuggled her until I went to bed at around midnight.

  We still weren't sure whether or not to take her to the emegency vet because she just didn't look quite bad enough to warrant having her stomach pumped.  The plan was to get up at 3am and check on her to see if she was doing better or worse.  I woke up at 1:30 and checked on her.  She was about the same but still not eating much so I gave her meds and fed her some Critical Care.  She did not really want to swallow it, but this was not so unusual, as she never wanted to eat when she was sick.  So I snuggled her some more and put her back at about 2am.  The funny thing is, her fur felt a little cold to the touch to me so I turned up the heat a little (it's usually pretty warm in our place anyway).

  Our alarm woke us at 3am and Mike went to check and found that she had crossed the bridge.  We are so sad.  This is our first loss of a piggy, and it's especially hard because (and I know we aren't supposed to play favorites) she was extra special to us.  She was such a trooper with all her illnesses.  And she gave the sweetest little piggy kisses right on your cheek and nose.  She was the only one of our six that snuggled with us right when we first got her without being scared.  She would snuggle for hours if she didn't need to pee.:)

  Sorry this is so long.  Could someone tell me where the bridge page is and how can I add Lucy to it?  Thanks for listening,

  Lyndsay, Mike, and the Pittsbugh Piggies (Molly, Emily, Stella, Hannah, Guinness, and forever Lucy)