[Gpdd] HEALTH: Lice?

KATHERINE L MOORE txmoorekat at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 12 22:36:25 EST 2005

Thanks for all for the helpful information that everyone has sent.  I actually got to cuddle with my little girl, Citrus.  I was rubbing her behind her ears (she has little bald spots there), I and I noticed something terrible!

  It was a white, little wiggly flea looking thing crawling on her!  Is this lice or mites?

  I scheduled her an appointment with a vet for Saturday.  I have had a difficult time getting her to gain weight (she was skinny when we got her), and I wonder if a parasite could be partially to blame?

  My boys don't seem to have anything (I haven't seen anything on Rooty,  and Cloud won't let me look).  Could it be because they are a different breed?  Do I need to take all of them to the vet?

  Worried,
  Kathy, Rooty, Citrus & Cloud