[Gpdd] (CARE) Toys

SCOTT KLING bugsmom33 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 14 23:59:38 EST 2005

Hi everyone - I'm back! You all have given me such great support and answered my questions so quickly that I have a couple more. I will be picking up our new addition soon and she will be staying accross the street until the Big Day. My plan was to sneak over there a couple of times a day to snuggle and check food water and veggies. Since she wont be meeting my son right away I was going to bring one of his stuffed animals over for her to cuddle with. My thinking is that going from a full nest to one big cage might be lonley for her so a cuddley friend might be nice for her (not to mention her getting used to his smell) - but now I'm wondering if that might be dangerous - any thoughts? Also - I always had gerbils growing up and they are great gnawers - but I'm not so sure about GPs. I know that I will have to cut paper towel rolls for her so she doesn't get stuck, but will she need a steady supply of stuff to chew on? I used to give my gerbils tissue and paper towels to shred for
 bedding - should we do that with miss piggy? ( I can't wait to find out what her name is - I'm starting to think of her as Miss Piggy!!) Thanks in advance for the info! -

  Juls