[Gpdd] [MISC] <Christmas preparations>

Mikey pandameisje at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 05:26:40 EST 2005

Hi All,
We girls finally got our christmaspictures online! (
http://winkysgirls.hyves.nl/ ) Since janneke put up the plastic tree last
week our days are a lot of fun. We just looove hiding beneath the
christmastree and eating all the treats that janneke hides down there. Poor
janneke was very bored since she was ill at home so she spent her days
spoiling us rotten :-D. Suus and yaya are already wheeking made-up
christmas songs on the top of their lungs and guiny is still secretly making
plans for world peace. And lotje does what she does best and that's eating
(after all that's what the humans are supposed to do around this time of the
year;-) as lotje unstands it).We all enjoy the preparations and planning for
the gift exchange, it just might be that making it is more fun than actually
getting our presents.
grtz
The winky girls, Guiny, Lotje, Suus and Yaya and slaves janneke and mieke

Btw this is janneke and i'd like to share something about guiny. Guiny was
displaying some strange behavior last night. First of all, she went into the
kitchen area with Suus, which she is not allowed to do, so I yelled
"uh!"(which is the sign that they are doing something wrong) and susie ran
into the living room immediately but guiny just kept sitting there and until
I got down on all fours and gave her butt a gentle nudge. So she walked a
bit and sat down again, so I nudged her again. This repeated itself until we
reached the living room area and then she ran to the cage. there she climbed
in and put her paws against the bars of the cage, as if begging for treats.
So i crawled to the cage and she gave me this sad look. then i petted her
and she just sat there and actually reeaally enjoyed it (normally she just
has this, do what you like, i dont care-look). My hypothesis for this
behavior is that she is just missing my sister mieke. Mieke is a student and
needs some extra money so she temporarely works in the evenings, so the
piggies haven't seen much of her this week. This morning guiny came out of
the wooden house in their cage immediately when i got up to give them
veggies and their vitamin c tablets. But when mieke came in she just stayed
in the wooden house (as if to say, you left me, i don't want to see you
right now). An alternative explanation is that guiny sometimes has these
days that she just doesn't want to get out of her house (we call these
bad-hair days) but that she really loves the vitamine c tablets and that is
why she made an exception. Anyway, i'm not worried, she is healthy in any
other way. I just think it is remarkable that she misses mieke so much. And
that they are such strong versatile characters (lot for example has no
problems, she is always happy, as long there is food available).
happy holidays!
Janneke

This is Mikey. Janneke told me this morning about Guiny's strange behavior
mentioned above.
It surprises me sometimes that they are so affected by the fact that i'm not
there for a while.
She (guiny) was also like this when I went to the czech republic for 5
months, she also seemed
to miss me then. However Guiny doesn't seem like a people's piggie, she can
manage without people it sometimes seems. But one time when my boyfriend and
me were in an other room, it
was guiny that came looking for us, lot just followed her. Lot has always
been a people's piggie,
she even comes to you if you call her, guiny will never do that (only when
we have food though).
Lotje's hair btw is growing back nicely :D
Well we are all very happy to be preparing our secret santa gifts. We have
lots of ideas, just need some time to make the things we thought of. So I
hope they will be ready soon, so that the cards and gifts will be there in
time for christmas. Right now I work at the post so i can just put my cards
in the big pile of christmascards i'm sorting, i hope that will speed things
up!

I hope you all like the christmascard (you can see it on the website
mentioned in the beginning of this message and go to 'foto's')!
best wishes,
our thoughts go out to all the piggies that are not feeling to well and to
piggies and slaves that recently lost beloved piggies,

Mikey

Mpstaaks at emxn.com
pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com