[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences - I know that awful silence

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Sun Dec 18 04:33:10 EST 2005

Oh, there have been far too many departures to the Rainbow Bridge recently.
I always mean to send personal condolences, because I know how much they mean
to  me when I lose someone, but I never seem to get round to it. Let's face
it, the  rate things are going, one would be hard pushed to catch up. But
please, to all  of you that are grieving, know that all of us out here understand
how bereft you  feel, and that bitter pain that never quite goes away.

Lori, I particularly identify with the anguish of the silent treat time.
Some of you may remember 2 years ago when 5 of my precious piggies were murdered
in one minute by dogs - the video of that awful day is imprinted forever on
my  brain. Well, that evening when I fed the survivors, the silence was
palpable.  Two of the murder victims had been champion wheekers. Their absence just
seemed  to batter me around the head - it was unbearable.

I do have to say, I made the mistake of asking for more piggies straight
away, and someone gave me four young ones. But, love them though I do, of
course, I was never able to bond with them in the way I had bonded to those that
were lost. They have always been a constant reminder of the lost ones, and I
think I resent the fact that they are not the lost ones. I kind of think I
subconsciously blame them for not being the piggies I wish I still had.

Anyway, my heart goes out to all of you who mourn - you must know that all
of us piggie slaves out here share our sense of loss, and we really do
understand how you feel.

Debbie (and her Dolly Mixtures)