[Gpdd] CARE: 3 boars

Moxie and Nexus moxie17 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 21 16:42:21 EST 2005

Do any of you have three boars living in the same pen?

  I have Smudge and Ziggy in one pen and a divider between them and Chuckie.  Every evening I give them a bunch of hay and put Chuckie in with the other two for a couple of hours.  No problems yet.  Ziggy is a wimp and would never cause any friction.  Smudge and Chuckie are more dominant.  Smudge is my first pig and spoiled.  There have been a couple of incidents, but not recently, when Smudge and Chuckie chattered teeth at each other and I told them to knock it off.  I removed Chuckie at that point.  Smudge and Ziggy are in a 3 x 2 grid pen, and Chuckie is adjacent to them in a 2 x 2 pen.  I'd like to remove the divider and make a 5 x 2 pen.  Each has their own house.  I suppose I could try it and can always put the divider back.  I was just wondering is three is a crowd.  Smudge is 1.5 years old, Ziggy is almost 8 months old and Chuckie is a mystery, maybe 10 months old.

  On another note, all three did great on the trip to Maine and back.

  Merry Christmas.

Moxie, Nexus, Smudge, Ziggy, and Chuckie
God Bless America
In God We Trust