[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Introducing myself and my new piggie!

Cheryl Cline cherylcline at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 02:41:27 EST 2005

Hello!
My name is Cheryl and I am the slave of Alex P. Hamilton, a 3-year-old black
Peruvian boar.  (The P stands for Presley, a reference to his hairdo!  But I
usually wind up calling him Piggy or Piggums instead of his proper name.)  I
just adopted him two months ago from a loving home.  They were reluctant to
give him up, but wanted him to have more attention.  My friends were against
the idea, but they have all conceded that he has been a great addition to my
life.
I joined this list around the time I adopted Alex because I have only had
hamsters, and wanted to learn as much about guinea pigs as possible.
Everyone seems very friendly and helpful and devoted to their piggies.
Thanks to this list, I have switched Alex to Oxbow Cavy Cuisine pellets.  He
also gets unlimited fresh hay from a local feed store, as well as oats and
veggies.
Alex has always lived alone, except for the companionship of a couple of
cats.  I would love to find him one or two companions, and any suggestions
about how to do this would be welcome.  Alex is unaltered so he would have
to have either boars or altered sows for friends.
I am in the Los Angeles area and if anyone knows of any guinea pigs that
need a new home, I would be interested in adopting one or a pair.  I have
already emailed Cavy Haven and will be looking into other guinea pig
rescues.  Also, if anyone in the area has a spare cage, I can take it off
their hands.
Thanks and happy holidays!
Cheryl