[Gpdd] MISC: Happy Holidays

Ruth Leibowitz dr.leibq at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 25 17:06:36 EST 2005

Dear humans and guinea pigs:

Weee are being allowed on the computer to run over the keys and wish a very
happy Chanukah, Christmas, Kwanza, post-solstice, and whatever everyone and
everypig celebrate, and a happy new year for all our fellow cavies and their
humans.  And, weee would like to offer condolences for any piggies and
humans that are facing losses this season.   Wee realize that life can be
complicated, and our lives sometimes feel complicated too because we know
that our ancestors were captured and brought to this continent when actually
we sometimes feel we ought to be living in South America where we evolved --
but still weeee are lucky piggies because we are loved, fed well, given time
to exercise, and also the cats that live with us like us and accept us as
family members.  So we don't have much to fear day to day and we LOVE one
another -- it looked for a while like I (Babu Franklin) would be an only
pig, but our human (who is very busy and spends lots of time away from home)
noticed my loneliness and she got ME (Nani Alice) and it was love at first
sight, and now we gurgle and trill together very often and we also like to
nap together and chase each other around during floor time.  For our holiday
gift, our human has bought us yet another big plastic pipe for floor time,
so our tunnel system has grown.  We would recommend these big pipes to all
cavies and their humans who have room.  We love to run in one end and out
the other end, and some of the pipes also have a Y shape so there are three
different ends to run in and out of!

Also, we send our special regards to Cocoa-Tiramisu & Mocha-Latte in
California.  We have not heard anything, and hope our friends out there have
received their presents from us.

Best wishes to all piggies and their friends and protectors who know what
special little creatures we are.

Babu Franklin and Nani Alice in Portland, Oregon