[Gpdd] AnmouncementL URGENT for Dec 26 ~ Please Help~ one day only

Carla Martinez cmartinez36 at houston.rr.com
Mon Dec 26 18:19:21 EST 2005

! URGENT ! PLEASE VOTE NOW FOR PETFINDERS.COM !
You MUST act now

 !
This is a one day vote only for Monday, December 26, 2005 !
Please crosspost immediately upon receipt.

The Today Show
MSNBC Online.
Accessed: 26Dec05.

"...
Help choose a charity for our Green Room book
 <http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10548684/>
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10548684/

E-mail us your thoughts on the best charity to receive the proceeds from
the 'Today' show's 2005 Green Room Book Charity Auction

Today
Updated: 12:35 p.m. ET Dec. 22, 2005

For the past seven years, "Today" has asked notable visitors to our
Green Rooms in New York and Washington, D.C., to sign our Green Room
Book, which we have auctioned off annually on eBay for charity.

In the project's first six years, we've raised nearly $400,000 for a
number of organizations, including: The National Colorectal Cancer
Research Alliance, Hospice of Palm Beach County, America's Second
Harvest, The Boys and Girls Clubs of America, Project A.L.S. and The
Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund..."

  _____

<Sample VOTE Request>

Dear Today Show,

Please donate the Green Room Book proceeds to the Petfinder.com
Hurricane Pet Fund. Animal Hurricane Victims still need your help!

Make a tax-deductible donation to the Petfinder.com Foundation Disaster
Fund.
The Petfinder.com Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity, EIN
#87-0964641.
 <http://www.petfinder.com/foundation/index.html>
http://www.petfinder.com/foundation/index.html

"... Disaster Relief
Petfinder.com Foundation provides funding to reunite families and their
pets
The Petfinder.com Foundation supports members of Petfinder.com in times
of disaster.  As a result of Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, and Wilma, the
Petfinder.com Foundation has distributed $444,523 in grant money to 79
organizations between September 1 and November 17, 2005.  For
Petfinder.com member organizations in need of assistance, please email
outreach.

Reuniting Displaced Families of Hurricane Katrina with their Pets Apply
for Funds
 <http://www.petfinder.com/foundation/request_funds.html>
http://www.petfinder.com/foundation/request_funds.html

"...The Petfinder.com Foundation, in partnership with MerialR, a maker
of trusted animal care products and a world-leading animal health
company, is providing relief funds and flea, tick and heartworm control
products as well as vaccinations to those shelters, rescue groups and
veterinarians directly affected by hurricanes..."

Petfinder Fund Contact:
Teri White
520-321-1606
 <mailto:Racetosavethepets at petfinder.com>
Racetosavethepets at petfinder.com

Thank you for considering this most noble and desparately needed fund to
save animals from being euthanized because there are no more funds to
take care of animal survivors of the Hurricanes.

The Scotty Appeal
 <http://users.chartertn.net/jgantt/TheScottyAppeal>
http://users.chartertn.net/jgantt/TheScottyAppeal
Pro Bono Site for transitioning from the grief of losing a valuable
animal member of one's family to the Rainbow Bridge. Transitioning from
the locating of a family member to one's forever home.
For Inspiration please see:

<http://users.chartertn.net/jgantt/TheScottyAppeal/TheScottyAppeal2.html

http://users.chartertn.net/jgantt/TheScottyAppeal/TheScottyAppeal2.html

  _____

<http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/051220/051220_green
Room_vmed.small.jpg>

Today
  _____

As in years past, this year's book includes signatures, notes and
doodles from celebrities, newsmakers and other notable "Today" show
guests. The auction will kick off on eBay on January 17, 2006 and we'd
like your help in choosing a worthy organization to be the beneficiary.
In 200 words or less, please share with us your personal story about how
a particular charity has touched your life. A panel of judges will then
select one charity, which will be featured on the show and receive the
proceeds of our 2005 Green Room Book Charity Auction.
Some guidelines:
*	Organization must be 501(c)3
*	Organization must be willing to register on eBay's charity arm,
Missionfish (more information at:
http://www.missionfish.org/Help/helpPolicies.jsp#nonprofit)
*	Individual submitting story should not have had any direct
relationship with the charity at the time they were assisted by the
organization.

<http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/051220/051215_green
room_3.small.jpg>

Today
  _____

*	Members of the organization and the individual submitting the
story must make themselves available for phone and in-person interviews
with producers from "Today."
*	Please include contact information for the individual and - if
possible - the organization, the week of December 26, 2005.

<http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/ColorBoxes/Styles/ColorBox
Images_GlobalOnlyPlease/mail_icon.gif>
Your chosen charity

In 200 words or less, please share with us your personal story about how
a particular charity has touched your life and why that charity should
be selected. Please be sure to include contact numbers for the week of
December 26, 2005.

       E-mail Today by filling out this form
Please donate to Petfinder.com Hurricane Pet Fund. Animal Hurricane
Victims still need your help. Make a tax-deductible donation to the
Petfinder.com Foundation Disaster Fund. The Petfinder.com Foundation is
a 501(c)(3) public charity, EIN #87-0964641.
http://www.petfinder.com/foundation/index.html Animals cannot help
themseles,please help the ..animals in need. I have adopted 2 dogs
through seeing them on petfinder ,& the Blessings of our dogs are a true
gift. Our dogs were left by their "families", & were thin ,and in need
of medical care.Rescue groups took them in , & now they are a part of
our family. Many animals are lost from their loving families after
Katrina ;urgent funds are needed to continue to give them care.Thank
You.
Your name

 Your city & state

 Your phone      work       cell
Your e-mail address
Charity contact person/phone
  <javascript:isEmailValid(document.mailbag,-1);>
Your e-mail address and/or phone number will not be published. Leave
your name or hometown blank if you do not want it published.