[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Nutmeg

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 22:11:37 EST 2005

Hello Tina and Mike

I was sorry to hear about the passing of Nutmeg.
Sometimes they can go so fast. It is a shame that the
vet did not call back. It is very hard to watch them
die when all you can do is sit and hold them. It is an
awful thing to go through whether you had your pet a
week or years. At least Nutmeg had good care and love
the short time she was with you.

You should start looking for a good exotic vet
immediately. Ask the vet office if they have and
emergency number or pager. If you have another
emergency, you need to have someone that is caring,
knowledgeable about guinea pigs, and available when
you really need them.

You should take Butterscotch in for a check-up and
make sure that Nutmeg did not have anything that was
catching. That way you can try out a new vet and see
how much he/she knows about guinea pigs. If you are
not sure, you can run some of the information the vet
told you, and we can tell you whether they know guinea
pigs or not. Ask some general questions about guinea
pigs, like what kind of diet they should be eating?
What kind of antibiotics can guinea pigs take? Things
like that. Look to see how he/she holds and handles
Butterscotch. This can tell you a lot about whether
they are familiar with guinea pigs or not.

Keep a close eye on Butterscotch for any abnormal
behavior. Make sure she is eating her normal amount of
food and moving about her cage as normal. If you have
any questions in the future, just ask them. We are
glad to help out new slaves! Again, I send my
condolences on your loss.

Dawnda

http://www.embark.to/guineapighaven

http://www.pigs9.blinkz.com