[Gpdd] {Rainbow Bridge} Sorry so long, the passing of my friend...

Trina Pelham piggiementor at msn.com
Sat Dec 31 19:33:41 EST 2005

My Tribute to my Spike, thankyou Shannon for letting me adopt him so many
years ago. He was happy.

Hi All Fellow Friends,

I do hope all of you have had a great holiday season and are gearing up for
the new year. I have had a sad black cloud over me unfortunatly for the last
10 days. I had knee surgery again on the same knee for the same thing on the
20th. Ended up in the hospital 1 day or so after surgery due to the
pneumonia I had been fighting and then the worst happened to me the day
before yesterday. My Spikey piggie quit eating. He had a cold and I got the
meds and cleared him up. I awoke to the dreaded death growl yesterday,
Friday 7 am, and I knew and burst into tears.

Alot of you know, I wear many different hats. Coordinating Tammy's Cavy
Madness Pigpals Program, volunteering tons of time to Shannon for Cavy Care
Inc., our shelter here in CO and a few other things. Those who know me
personally, know I have a pretty full plate.

I met my Spike Piggie at an adoption event we were having about 3 to 4 years
ago and I flipped for him. He is the most gentle and loving piggie and so
much fun.  I asked Shannon if I could adopt him and she was all for it, she
said she didn't know of another piggie to take his place of teaching the new
babies like he did. He was so full of life and love. He taught our new males
at the shelter how to strut their piggie stuff like a real male piggie. He
was the substitue daddy for alot of our males born at the shelter that
didn't have a daddy and if he had been a human man, I can say he would have
been an awesome catch.  I had a friend, Deb, visit me from Maine and she
fell in love with him too, over all of my other piggies. She fell asleep one
night for a short time while he was on the bed with her and he was kind
enough to barber her hair. We laughed for days at her new haircut and what
her stylist was going to say when she went home. We laughed for days over
this new hair cut and I wondered if there could be a market for piggie hair
cuts. (Just Kidding) I adopted him when he was 3. Like all of my babies, he
is the joy of my life. He was a little more spoiled too.

He loved to eat, fresh veggies were a must in his daily diet and when it was
floortime, he'd run around the apartment and if I was lying on the sofa,
he'd come to me and wheek while his front paws were up on the sofa and the
back paws on the floor and he'd purr to be picked up. So I would pick him up
and he smiled, maybe my imagination, but his corners of his mouth were
turned up. When he wanted down, he'd rumble a little and if it was urgent to
potty, he'd shake a little and I'd place him on the floor to run to his cage
  and go in to take care of business then off to the fridge he'd go and
wheek loudly at the door. He knew where the goods came from and how to get
them. If he could, he would have lived in the fridge if it could have been
modified or if there was a food dispenser.

To feed Ravi her veggies today has been just an emotional rollercoaster. We
take the veggie platters to them and we'd say "piggie, piggie, piggies" and
they'd wheeks for joy. Only Ravi today and we'd just break down in tears.
Sadly, I had to help him over the bridge at 8am, Friday 30th. This has been
the worst holiday in my life. I miss him so much and oh god it hurts.

Goodbye my dear sweetie, know that life won't be the same without your
bright loving eyes and that nose you loved to put in my ear. The many
piggies you helped thru your life and the joy you brought to me everyday.
The human friends like Shannon, Deb, Craig, Tina and Tommy that you made
laugh. You are missed my little furball  and it's lonely passing by your
home, empty. Even Ravi loves you and knows you have left us, I just wish it
wasn't so soon.

Love Mommy,

Trina

Very sad and in tears,
Trina M. Pelham

Cavy Care Inc.- Volunteer Adoptions Coordinator and Shelter Resident Mentor
Pigpals Coordinator
DSN Coordinator

10 years of extensive "Pigsperience" and still wheeking strong.

Need the past Newslettters from Pigpals? Try going to this link, you may
need to copy/paste.

http://www.ymlp.com/pubarchive.php?pigpals

Guinea Pigs are Number One...
AIM- piggiementor