[Gpdd] Misc: Re: my diet

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 11:08:39 EST 2005

Hey Carla!
It's nice to hear about our Piggies are
helping Slaves eat healthier and better
all around. And you would think that as
long as I've had piggies, I would be a
healthier eater too. But, until recently
that wasn't the case.

In our household, Daddy Slave does the
main grocery shopping. I know, funny, huh?
I'm not allowed to do the main grocery
shopping because I'm like a kid and I
would bring home nothing but sweets and
junk food--ha ha!

So, I am responsible for getting the pigs'
veggies and our deli meat & cheese (for
lunch). Daddy Slave and I shop at different
grocery stores, so wheee do our shopping
separately.

Soooooooooo, at the store, I will Load up
on veggies, then grab my deli stuff, then
I'll hit the junk food aisle and grab a
couple of bags of snacks, and then I'll
hit the 'Alcoholic' section and get a bottle
of wine or something.

Well, as I'm checking out, people in line
and the cashier will look at me like,
"Wow! That's a lot of veggies, must be a
Health Nut!" And sometimes someone will
even comment. And I'll tell them that the
Healthy stuff is not for me...it's for my
Piggies! Then, I'll show them the stuff
for me: Doritoes, Popcorn, Ham, Swiss
Cheese, and a fine bottle of Merlot.
heeeeeeeee!

Well, I just recently (in the last month
or so) started eating salads for dinner.
Because a (normal) person can't continue
to eat that 'bad stuff' forever without
consequence (i.e. my jeans are a little
tight these days). So, I guess those Crazy
Pigs are keeping me Healthy after all!!

   Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeps,
        Leah...Slave to BB & BS :-)

...I enjoyed your email about Fuzzy's diet. I always
love to hear what other piggies like, don't like, etc.
Is Fuzzy an only piggy? Your email prompted me to
write about what an influence Bud has had on my diet.
Bud by himself can't eat up all the fruit and salad
veggies I have to buy so my husband's and my diet has
really adapted to use up the 'leftovers.' Every
morning I make a big salad for me and get Bud's
morning and evening veggies and fruit ready and then
refrigerate for later use. When I have a mid-morning
fruit break to use up an apple, cantaloupe or orange,
Bud gets a bite. I have tried vegetables that I didn't
even know what they looked like before I got Bud.
He's the picture of health and he's helped me eat
healthier, too.

Carla and Bud