[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Pig-Pig Girl at the Bridge

Godfreys godfreys at uslink.net
Tue Feb 1 08:59:59 EST 2005

It's with a heavy heart this morning that I write to say that Pig-Pig Girl went to the bridge last night.  She was on her second week of Baytril for pnumonia and her breathing was normal again - no wheezing or coughing for the last couple days - but she had just gotten so weak.  We were trying to give her all her favorite goodies to encourage her to eat and build her strength back up but she was to tired to try anymore.  She was only a year and half - but she never got very big and was always very quiet - never wheeking or popcorning like other pigs.  We probably have made 8 or 10 vet visits in the 15 months she was with us with different issues. (my husband called her the thousand dollar guinea pig - but he probably held her and cared for her as much as I did!)  The local pet store we got her from said that she was a "drop-off" so who knows what or where she came from - she may have been taken away from her family too soon, didn't get a good start...?  But what she lacked in "energy" she made up for in snuggling - she could snuggle on your lap all evening and be perfectly happy.  So I thank everyone who has given me support and advice over the last year.  You are a great group!! I'm going to be piggie free for a while...I think?!  But would like to remain a part of this wonderful group.  You do all make the world a nicer place.

Ann