[Gpdd] [MISC] Welcome Newcommers

CJfromVa at aol.com CJfromVa at aol.com
Tue Feb 1 13:32:52 EST 2005

I would like to send a warm wheek of welcome to Claire, Tea & Biscuit. And to
Maren, Sam and Rosie.  I'm fairly new myself (a little over a month with two
piggies: Ashi, 3 months, and Ginger, about 6 or 7 months.  (I wish I knew
their birthdays)) and I have had felt very welcome since I came in last December.
This is a great group of guinea pig lovers.

Also welcome, Odessa-Pearl and Nikita. The way your slave described you, you
sound gorgeous!  We hope you have a wheeking good time with your new sisters,
Juniper and Pecan.

As far as the purring noise your guinea pigs make when they are being petting
(that was the first question I asked when I brought home my guinea pigs),
there are two school of thoughts.  Some believe that guinea pigs don't like being
petted on their backsides at all, while others tend to think that with time
and experience, you'll be able to figure out what your piggy is trying to tell
you.  Piggies, like people, have their own moods and have their own little
ways of telling you.  I'm new to the guinea pig experience but that's what I got
out of the last conversation we had on the subject.

CJ, Ashi, and Ginger