[Gpdd] HEALTH - 1st Piggy with Lump

jennifertheis at comcast.net jennifertheis at comcast.net
Tue Feb 1 23:20:07 EST 2005

I am still sort of new to the GPDD, with 2 piggies, Sweetie Pie (an albino 4 1/2 years) and Pumpkin Pie (light orange 6 months old).  Today Sweetie went to the vet with a mammary lump, very large.  The biopsy was done today, and we will get the results on Friday if its benign or malignant.  I am still shaking from this.  I am so scared we will lose her to cancer, she is my 1st baby.  In the mean time, I have to give antibiotics by syringe for the first time (from the 3 needle pricks!) And I know its silly, but she hates the syringe so much, I am twisted in knots from giving it the first time, she wiggled and cried so much I was afraid I would hurt her and she would hate me.  Of course, as soon as I put her back in the cage, she was eating away and letting me pet her, while I am still shaking, she is fine.  We slaves can be such cowards.  There have been so many suffering with sickness and death in their piggy families, I don't want to whine.  But I am scared, this is our first brush with pain.  Please pray for my baby, and pray that Daddy slave and I have wisdom with treatment and care.  I know we are not alone.
Weeeeks, from Jennifer, Sweetie and Pumpkin