[Gpdd] [CARE] Oranges

Ann Ramus ann at stcgrenada.com
Wed Feb 2 13:01:48 EST 2005

My 14 piggys love oranges. We live in Florida and my friend has an
orange tree. He gives me bags full of sweet oranges. At first the male
piggys would just give me that look of disgust when I would give them
oranges. Then they saw the female piggys eating the oranges. Now every
one begs for a slice of orange. I think cavies learn what to eat by
watching and smelling what other cavies eat. If you only have 2 piggys
and neither is brave enough to take the first bite you can always try
eating some orange in front of them and then letting them sniff your chin.
Ann