[Gpdd] re: HEALTH - 1st Piggy with Lump (Mammary Tumor)

BunsnPigs at aol.com BunsnPigs at aol.com
Wed Feb 2 17:26:10 EST 2005

Jennifer, I have had a number of piggies of my own plus a number of adopted
out rescues who have had this. Some were cancerous and some were not. Usually
the surgery is successful in removing them and they rarely metastesize. And
they  tend to look small on the outside but run deep and large. Its kind of
wierd. I  have never had a problem with them coming back or being the ultimate
reason the  piggies passed away (necropsies proved otherwise). One of my girls
is still with  me. She had the surgery 2 years ago.

I don't understand the antibiotics, though. Its not an infection.

Don't worry. Be happy. :-)  She will be fine, but this is one of the  prime
reasons why everyone who can find a good vet should have their piggies
spayed/neutered. I DID have piggies get them who were fixed, but the chances are
slimmer.

Judi  Lainer
Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue
Round Hill, VA