[Gpdd] Rescue: Hercules-An Almost Christmas Horror Story

Zoo357 at aol.com Zoo357 at aol.com
Thu Feb 3 00:28:24 EST 2005

My name is Hercules. I'm almost 3 months old. I have had a pretty exciting
life up until now. I was purchased by some grandparents at a pet store for a 3
year old child as a Christmas gift. They said that he wasn't too young to learn
how to take care of me and that I was a good starter pet. Well, as you can
imagine, it wasn't very much fun for me. Not only did the 3 year old scream and
yell but he jumped on my cage and put a huge dent in it.  The other
grandparents came to visit and saw me and said they would take me home and find a new
place for me. That family couldn't care less. Can you believe I didn't even have
a water bottle and my cage hadn't been cleaned in who knows how
long....Anyway, I went to live with the older family and they called a group called The
Critter Corral. They arranged for me to be picked up. The family that had me for
a few days gave me lots of things to eat that I never had like romaine and
parsley. Who would have ever thought that green things tasted so good. I'm now
sitting in a home with lots of other piggies and am patiently waiting for a new
home. I'm glad I'm here because I don't know how long I could have lasted in
the home with the 3 year old. I just want to Thank anyone who does rescue work
and the people that support them because without all your help, where would I
be??
Hugs and Piggie Kisses, Hercules