[Gpdd] Misc: Hercules

Jackie Bickers jackie3492 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 3 23:31:42 EST 2005

Hi Hercules, I just read your post. My name is Rusty. I know exactly how you
feel, because I was a rescue piggy too. My old mom and dad got me for a
kids' present too. They weren't mean to me, but, like you, I didn't have
much fun. After a awhile, they got all sorts of new toys and other things to
play with and kinda forgot about me. I've never told anyone this, but I
acted scared and even peed on dad so that they would never pick me up. A few
times was enough!! Anyway, my old mom and dad weren't up to date about how
to care for guinea pigs, so they only fed me pellets and kept me in an
aquarium with stinky bedding. They cleaned it, but the bedding was still so
stinky. I was also so bored with no one to talk to, that I never even made
any noise. Also, the kids changed my name about four times, so I never knew
when someone was talking to me. I also had this itchy spot on my back that
just wouldn't go away, no matter how much I scratched.

I am still greatful for them because they decided that giving me to a new
mom and dad would be the best thing for me. I heard them talking about it
one night, and they next day my new mom and dad came to pick me up. Mom
decided immediately that she hated my aquarium and immediately bought me a
nice new cage on the way to my new home. The aquarium had my first name,
Rusty, painted on it, and she decided to go with that for my permanent name
(thank goodness, I really didn't feel like a Justin Timberlake) Then my new
mom and dad introduced me to my five new brothers and sisters. I had never
seen other guinea pigs since I was a baby, and I was so excited that I
decided to talk for the first time. Mom said that for a guinea pig who
didn't ever talk, I really put the rest to shame, whatever that means. Then
I tried all sorts of new food. I didn't like anything but hay (yum) at
first, but I came to love other things. Not everything though:) They also
took me to someone who was able to give me medicine to get rid of my
itchiness. That stunk, but at least i don't itch anymore :)

Long story short, I love my new home, my brothers and sisters, and my new
parents. I asked mom if I could have you for my new brother, but she said
that we have to wait until we get a bigger place before we can have a bigger
family. There are six of us plus mom and dad you know. :) But pretty soon
I'm sure that you will have new parents and a nice home too. It sounds like
you already do :) Good luck and I'm happy for you!
Rusty