[Gpdd] [Behavior] Re: Popcorning Squeak

Maren Butz butzm at ece.osu.edu
Fri Feb 4 11:44:49 EST 2005

I used to put towels down entirely on their floor time, but then I started to put down the travel cage that I have for them.  It's just one of those way too small for one pig cages.  I leave it open and they just seem to know that that's where they go.  Occasionally, they'll have a small accident.  then I just whip out the little green clean machine I have and it works wonders!  I do still put down one towel in the place I think they are most likely to go.  Also, I'll drap a towel over half of the travel cage to encourage them to go in there.  It works great and i didn't have to train them.  They just did it.

I've also heard of people putting down quilts or bath mats.

I know what you mean about hubbies.  Mine doesn't care much for it either!