[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Flavoring Medicines

Godfreys godfreys at uslink.net
Sat Feb 5 11:19:39 EST 2005

I work at a Cub Pharmacy (It's part of the SuperValu chain so includes Shopn'Savs and Biggs if you have those where you are - Or probably any chain pharmacy) anyway we carry something called FlavorRX.  It's basically to flavor liquid medicines for kids to make them taste better but our local vets have had us flavor some meds for their patients too.  We just added a carmel flavor to a cat med recently.  We don't have any meat flavors but I'm just thinking of piggies and we do have apple, banana, grape, cherry, orange dreamsicle! and I think mayby  even a tutti-frutti or tropical punch?(something like that)  We have done these both ways - either the patients "mom" or "dad" brings in the med from the vet and we flavor it or if its a liquid "human" med their giving we just mix the whole thing up for them (the vet has to call in the prescription for us to do that)  We charge $3.00 per med to do this.  Just an idea.

Ann