[Gpdd] Care-diet

rachel russell picasso.massed at verizon.net
Sun Feb 6 14:14:27 EST 2005

Hi Slaves and Piggies,
I have been enjoying the GPDD so much and learning a lot, ever since I got my
two piggies,  Roxie and Phera.  I am concerned about their diet.  I know that
they have to have vitamin c added to their diet. I give them greens 2-3 times a
day.  They eat parsley and kale, but are not too keen on apples,  bananas,
dill, dandalion leaves, or broccoli. (FUSSY!)  If they had their way, they
would just eat baby carrots. When I put them in their bowl, they each snatch
one and run to a corner and eat it.  I keep reading that they are bad for them,
how many are ok each day? They get around 6 each every day.  Are snow peas or
pea pods OK? I also put liquid vitamins in their water, 6 drops.

On another note,  they poop so much!! I am always cleaning it out of the cage
and putting in more shavings.  Should I actually clean out the whole cage? I
completely clean it every 4-5 days. Is everyone else constantly scooping out
the cages?
thanks ahead of time,
Rachel,
major slave