[Gpdd] {Rescue} I stumbled across this when I was looking for piggie information

Katie Langdon Langdon katiespiggies at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 6 20:48:35 EST 2005

Hi,
My name is Katie and I am a new piggie person. I came across your list and
other information so I thought I'd see if I can learn about my pets here. I
have 1 guinea pig that my son has named piggie, I know, not too original but
he is young and it's the only name he can remember. Piggie is tan and white
with short hair that swirls. He is very friendly and talks alot. He springs
into the air like a basketball. I have no clue as to what he is doing but he
seems to like it. I also found some information I enclosed below. I want to
donate to a few shelters so if I can find out where some of them are that
would be nice. I live in Oregon near Salem and I never knew there was such
an idea as a shelter for guinea pigs only. Real neat. I hope I can learn
alot on piggie.

Thankyou,
Katie, Donovan and Piggie

Link Herman of Tanelorn Cavy Rescue, Goddard, Kansas alerted us that a
number of guinea pigs would be  euthanized if no one stepped in and helped
eliminate the over load of guinea pigs at the Kansas Humane Society.  Link
Herman's own shelter is at capacity with guinea pigs and he has reached it's
limit.  Just today he was contacted to take four more from the local animal
control and hopes perhaps we would be able to take a few of his to make room
for him to help others. In there part of Kansas, "guinea pigs are dumped at
local shelter at the rate of several per week", according to Dana Markley,
adoptions coordinator. It is CCI's desire to take as many of these guinea
pigs as we can to free up space for others. Leaving Saturday February 5th,
we are going to meet Link half way and transport back 20 guinea pigs to the
shelter. We will have their information posted shortly after words. We want
to thank all of those who have contributed to help make this trip possible
and hope others will show their support by donating.

Send your donations to Link Herman, Director : Tanelorn Cavy Rescue PO Box
818, Goddard, KS 67052. I know he would appreciate the help and so would his
guinea pigs.