[Gpdd] Misc: Re: Cage mate?

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 16:53:35 EST 2005

Maren,
Your posting Really hit home for me.
Because I was feeling the same way about
Brownie Bear when she was an only-pig.
Like, in the mornings, I can get ready
for work in 45 min-1 hour. But, I felt
Soooooooooo Guilty about leaving my Bear
that I would literally take 1.5 hours
to get ready because I would play with
her so much. When Daddy Slave isn't
traveling, he's working at home, but he
doesn't play with piggies the way I play
with them. So, I knew she was Lonely.

Well, right before I went to the Met.
G-Pig Rescue Adoption Party (or 'Piggy
Mixer' as you call it...very cute),
BB was losing weight and not eating or
drinking as much. I was syringing her
extra water every single day (and having
the Brownie Bear Power Hour more than I
wanted to). I joked on the Digest that
she was getting ready for her new 'boy
piggie friend' to arrive and that she
had gotten down to her college weight of
2.8 pounds. But, in all seriousness, I
think she was getting ready to 'give up
the Good fight' because she was Depressed.

Well, once Butterscotch came to live with
us, she perked right up! She is eating and
drinking more and her weight is back up
to 3 pounds (although she is Overweight,
that Pig!). And she is back to being that
SASSY little girl that I grown to Love and
Adore!!!

I LOVE GUINEA PIGS!!!

     Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeps,
       Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear &
                         Butterscotch :-)

"...I got to the point where I would hold him all
morning when I was getting ready for work (this was
during the wait time for a girl piggie from the
rescue).  Can you imagine how hard it was to brush
my hair and teeth?  I felt so sorry for him. Right
before we got his wife, he was not eating or drinking
much.  That didn't last too long, thank goodness. He
is SOOO much happier now.  He popcorns a lot more and
just loves Rosie..."