[Gpdd] Care: Removing fruit wax

Jennifer Langer fairydancer at loveable.com
Wed Feb 9 21:27:06 EST 2005

Carla,
I have read a lot lately about the suspected harm caused by pesticides and waxes on most fruits and veggies. Many research studies have shown bad stuff (cancer, immune system disorders, etc) resulting from the regular ingestion of pesticides and waxes. I figure I already spend time rinsing my Piggies veggies, so I just added a "veggie wash." Although not all stores sell this wash, it is excellent at removing dirt, pesticides, wax, and other contaminants you can't see from fruits and veggies. I usually buy mine at a health food store or co-op, as the Safeway and Albertsons near me don't sell it because they claim "it would insinuate that their produce wasn't clean."

Jennifer and Adam, and PB, Bob Bob, and Boar-is

"To find a beautiful thing, look with an open mind and heart."