[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT (Happy To Be Back)

larrwr at localnet.com larrwr at localnet.com
Fri Feb 11 16:39:56 EST 2005

Hi everyone!
My name is Larisa, and I used to subscribe to the GPDD a couple of years
ago.  I didn't correspond too much, mostly read the e-mails with avid
interest.  I had a piggie, named Gee Pee who was the greatest guinea pig
in the world!  Anyway, she passed away at 4 years old, and I was
broken-hearted!  I stopped subscribing to the digest, and vowed never to
have a guinea pig again, because I just got too attached and the pain was
almost more than I could bear.After that, about 3 years went by, I changed jobs, got married, moved, and
got pregnant, and lo and behold, I get home from work one day and there
was a message on my answering machine for me from my friend who works at a
shelter saying they had 10 guinea pigs just dropped off, and would I like
one?  I couldn't stand it, I had to check them out!  I didn't get there
until 3 days later, and there was only 2 left! (a great testament to how
dedicated our local shelter is to adopting out animals!) They were
brothers, one was albino, and the other was white with a black splotch on
his head.  I had to have them!So now I am a pig owner again!  The albino is mine (Chai) and the other is
my husband's (Cleetus) and I must say it is great to have pigs again.  I
had a baby, and he is almost a year, and he loves the pigs too!  Chai and
Cleetus are great, very gentle, and happy and friendly.  Everything I've
always liked about guinea pigs.Sorry this is so long, I am just sooo happy to have piggies again, and to
be back with the GPDD!!  Some of the names I remember, and others are
new!!Looking forward to getting to know everyone,
Larisa
Slave to Chai and Cleetus