[Gpdd] Behavior : Escape artists

Anna Coppedge annac at loanstar.com
Fri Feb 11 17:06:31 EST 2005

Hey GPDD-
This is my first time submitting, but I could not resist. I have 2 piggies.
My first gp, Mozart, has never tried to escape from his cage. So when I got
my 2nd gp, Shakespeare, I was not expecting a pig who loved to "visit" the
outside of his cage. Shakespeare is a completely black Peruvian. He reminds
me of a badly-made man's toupee with eyes and legs. As a joke my roommate
bought me house shoes that look similar to Shakespeare. Well, one night I
woke up after a loud noise and I just thought the pigs were running races in
their cages again. Then, I see this black mass in the middle of my bedroom
floor. I thought to myself it was one of my new house shoes until it moved
just slightly. I blinked for a better view and then my "house shoe" took off
running. I turned on the light and checked the cage and sure enough,
Shakespeare was not in there. I sleepily looked around my room for my escape
artist for awhile and then I finally found him. He had situated himself
right next to one of the house shoes, so if I had not looked closely, I
would have brushed it off as the pair of house shoes. I laughed so hard.
Shakespeare has made a couple more escapes and loves to hide in the clothes
piles I make for laundry day. Although I used to worry about him getting out
and me not being there, he never attempts to escape when I am not at home
and have my roommate looking after him. Maybe I should have named him
Houdini.
Sorry this message seems so long....

Anna and the old dead guys (Mozart and Shakespeare)