[Gpdd] MISC: The "accident" piggie

Lydia Boland lydiagboland at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 00:14:29 EST 2005

Congratulations on your new piggie Guiness.  A good
beer and a cute name!  In the past we had three male
pigs and got all three neutered by our wonderful and
experienced vet.  Our two brother guinea pigs,
Parsifal and Satchel, got along better after the
neutering because they stopped annoying eachother with
the mounting.  Mikey didn't bond with them even after
the neutering.  Unfortunately Mikey died last June and
Parsifal last December.  We adopted a new girl pig,
Ginny, in December for Satchel and they are best of
friends.  I'm so glad we had the boys neutered back in
2001 because Satchel is to old to be neutered now (he
is getting grey/white hairs) and it made pairing him
with a new girl pig easy.  I don't know that he would
have bonded with another male pig and we couldn't risk
a pregnancy.  In the future we will continue to neuter
all of our male guinea pigs.

Lydia