[Gpdd] [Health] Itchy Piggie - Dry skin?

Tenetylo, Jenna (RMS) TenetyloJ at DNB.com
Mon Feb 14 11:53:38 EST 2005

Ok - My boy friends piggie - Louie - is very itchy all the time....  now he
is an all white absynnian (however you spell it) with pink skin.  I know it
is probably not mites as my Fuzzy just had mites a few months ago and he
looked totally different (these two piggies live in separate homes).  Louie
just has patches behind his ears (where it is a little bald ) that are a
little pinker/redder than the rest of his skin - no broken skin though- but
there seems to be flaky skin (whitish - like human dry skin).  I believe it
is dry skin?   I remember reading to give the piggie sunflower seeds, non
salted - no shell but he doesn't seem to be eating them???  What about
peanut butter? just a little for the oil?   or would that be bad... if
ingesting oil doesn't work, we will be changing his bedding to see if he is
allergic - he's itchy all over usually, but most noticeable behind the
ears.....

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!! we would like him to feel as
comfortable as possible - oh he is probably about 4 months old...  male.

let me know!
Thanks in advance!
>From a very itchy Louie, Normal Jenna, and Hide and Seek/week Fuzzy
ps - loved all the hide and seek stories!!!!  so cute!