[Gpdd] MISC. - feeding frustrations!

ROYCE LARSON COTTON_COWBOYS at msn.com
Tue Feb 15 10:26:55 EST 2005

     As we all do, I try to give Bud the very best in care. I want him to have a happy and interesting life but I find myself getting so frustrated planning his daily menus!!! This is far harder than planning people meals. How do you give your piggy variety and things he really loves to eat when it seems that there is a down side to EVERYTHING?
     Let me see: apples, oranges and several other things have too much acid; can't feed too much of that or he might get mouth sores. Not much food value in celery and cucumbers; can't feed Bud too much of them or he'll be filled up with no benefit. Not too much lettuce because it has something in it, I forget what. Parsley, carrots and MANY other good things have too much calcium. Only timothy hay and pellets; calcium again. Not much fruit; too much sugar is not good for Bud.
     Sometimes it seems that the only thing I can put in his cage for a treat that has NO downside are peppers. I don't know if Bud feels like I do but life is hardly worth living if you can only have things that are good for you. If someone were monitoring my diet as closely as I am monitoring Bud's, I don't think I could face mealtime!  :)

     This is obviously written tongue-in-cheek. I balance Bud's diet but it seems I'm always worrying that I am not getting it right. FRUSTRATING!

Frustrated Carla and Healthy Bud