[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] <our new baby!!>

Michael C. Andrew tigger2168 at a-znet.com
Tue Feb 15 21:36:47 EST 2005

Hello everyone,

It's been awhile since I've posted,but today there is news to share. On Friday night we added a new member to our "zoo". We'd been talking about getting another guinea pig for our girl Sunny to have some company of her own kind. She's been a little sad since her rabbit siblings went to bunny heaven. We had gone out to dinner and next  door to the restaurant was a pet store. I asked my husband if we could go. Not for any particular reason that night--I just can't resist going into a pet store whenever I get a chance. There in a big cage were 3 piggies needing a home. One little guy came right over to me and started licking my fingers. He chose me and I couldn't  walk away from him. After about 5 minutes, I knew he was meant to come home with us. I already had a name in my head too. I turned to my husband and asked if we could take him home(not expecting him to say yes really). Lo and behold he answered right away and said YES!! I was so surprised I asked him if he was serious. He was. So I held our little boy and he sat as calm as could be. I knew he was the right choice. So now we are the proud owners of a little guy(6 months old) named Rusty. Color reflective of his name (white face too and cute tuffs that stick out from behind his ears).He's already a big eater and VERY vocal. What a blast he is . His big sister Sunny is already keeping tabs on him. She stays at the end of her cage that meets up with his. Not her usual spot, but it shows she's happy he's here and likes to talk to him. Thanks for letting us share our new bundle of fur with all of you. Mike and Cee Cee