[Gpdd] Health: Dry/Itchy Skin Solution for Louie (or anypig else!)

Holly Marr purplecavy at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 06:54:11 EST 2005

Jenna:  Louie with his itchy skin might benefit from CALENDULA GEL.  It can be found in
most any health food store, and it's a homeopathic medicine that replaces most ointments
for poison ivy or sunburn cream.  It has a very low rate for irritation and will not cause him to
get sick, or any cagemates for that matter, if ingested.  Though i've never seen any of them
want to taste it once it was put on. I can't remember who told me about this solution...either
Peter Gurney from his Piggy Potions book maybe?, or from another GPDD member a ways back, since I am an "oldie member" (I just don't write).  Whatever...it works, and I suggest it.
Good Luck!!!    -holly in New Jersey USA