[Gpdd] HEALTH: Re: piggie skin

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 13:13:07 EST 2005

Hello Mary Fran

All pigs do not have the same color skin. There are
different pigment colors on different pigs.

Your pig may have a hormone problem since she is
loosing hair. If she is itching it could be fungus or
mites. Sometimes cancer can cause them to loose hair.
Cancer is less common in guinea pigs though. I've had
close to 30 guinea pigs and I have never had one with
cancer.

The hair standing on ends is a bad sign though. It is
called "fluffed up." There is something wrong when
they do this. They are sick and/or in pain when they
get fluffed up. You would need a vet visit to find out
what.

Dawnda Stricklen

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven

The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor.