[Gpdd] [MISC] Guinea pig love a two-way street

Jessica McGann jmcgann at mediastats.com
Fri Feb 18 13:53:58 EST 2005

Carla,
Thanks for your story about how Bud rescued YOU.  I bought my pigs after a
big break-up and move across the country, sort of on a whim, and was
totally amazed at how much comfort I began to derive from them.  I never
knew they were such affectionate and clever animals!  They were both
nervous and shy when I first got them (quite young, too), but as they began
to feel more at home and became more outgoing, we developed a bond I didn't
think possible with rodents!  The most amazing thing was realizing that I'd
earned their trust, which given their size versus mine, takes tremendous
courage and willingness, I'd say!
They used to scamper into their burrows whenever I approached, now they
wake me in the morning squeaking with demands for treats and attention.
I didn't know it could be such a rich relationship!  But I'm glad I found
out.  Louise and Ruby have made me a slave for life!

Jessica
Slave to Weezer & Roo