[Gpdd] HEALTH: Honey

Dee and Joe deeclark at rcn.com
Sat Feb 19 15:04:09 EST 2005

Hi,

Honey had a set back yesterday and we thought we were going to lose her.
Joe came home from work to find her laying down hardly breathing.  He picked
her up and kept talking to her and rubbing her back and she finally started
to breathe again.  When I came home two hours later she was alert and eating
hay.  If he hadn't come home when he did she might have passed away.  Her
breathing was very labored and congested.

We are afraid to leave her alone for long.  Today she is breathing heavily
but eating some hay and pellets.  We put her back on antibiotics and a
higher dose of Lasix.  Her vet is calling every day to see how we are doing.
The vet thinks this may be the end for her.  I hope not!

Dee and Joe, worried slaves to Honey Braveheart and Juliet the Plump