[Gpdd] (Misc) Re: Rescue Stories

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 14:32:53 EST 2005

Janet--the poem in your post was so beautiful! I
copied it to a word document and am going to print it
on some nice paper and frame it.

I have to say that sometimes I truly believe my pigs
have rescued ME, on many occasions. My husband and I
are both in the military and were unable to be
stationed together due to our job skills--he is at
Fort Bragg in North Carolina (he's Army) and I am at
Fort Mead in Maryland (I'm Navy). We have been married
for 4 years and only lived in the same house together
for 1 year. It's been very hard. He deploys --A LOT--
and is currently in Afghanistan. I think if it weren't
for my piggies, I would have gone insane long ago.
Yes, I get depressed, sometimes to the point of just
wanting to lay in bed all day...but I know I can't do
that because the herd needs to be tended to. They keep
me going.
When Gizmo died, I was very angry at my husband
because he never seems to be around when I have
something bad happen to me (silly and irrational, I
know); I came home and just cried and cried...and all
the pigs, all 10 of them, came to the front of their
pens and sat there watching me. It's like they knew
mama was hurting. They all let me pet them, even the
ones who really hate to be touched...and a few even
gave me piggie kisses and licked away my tears. What
could be more soothing than that?
My little fuzzy children are saving me thousands of $$
in therapy :>)
(what therapist lets you pay them in veggies??)

-Stacy and the Therapeutic Squee Squad