[Gpdd] CARE - cuddle cup

ROYCE LARSON COTTON_COWBOYS at msn.com
Tue Feb 22 11:23:02 EST 2005

Pam,

     Thank you!! I thought Bud was the only piggy misusing his cuddle cup! This winter we had several days of -20 and -30 degrees and I bought Bud a cuddle cup for his playpen. During the day I thought he could be cozy and warm snuggled in all that fleece while he was playing. Bud is out on a sheet over a tarp with two litter boxes with shredded paper and hay. He's perfectly trained to use his litter boxes but he seemed to think that the cuddle cup was the same soft material as his litter boxes and he made good use of the cuddle cup! The first time it happened I washed the cuddle cup and thought I'd try again in case he was just excited because it was new. No such luck! Within a few minutes of getting in the playpen with his cuddle cup, he used it again and it soaked right through the cuddle cup and sheet beneath it.
     That did it for the cuddle cup. I washed it and put it away! Everyone else on the digest has pictures of their guinea pigs taking cozy naps in soft, snuggly cuddle cups. NOT ME! Bud just thinks it's a fancy litter box.  :)

Carla and Confused Bud