[Gpdd] [CARE] Bedding & Towels- My Quandry

Cindy Fajardo cindy.fajardo at verizon.net
Tue Feb 22 13:28:08 EST 2005

Here I am back with my usual quandry... what to do about bedding???

I've been trying the towel idea but I'm not sure that I can stick with it.  I have a 3 X 5 C&C that is 2 story and a 3 X 4 C&C that is also 2 story.

With 3 kids under the age of 10, a husband, dogs, cat, salt water fish, etc. and 200 "surrogate" kids (I am a high school teacher) I have to admit that sometimes my piggies don't come 1st. :(

All the laundry that comes from this is piling up!  I want my piggies to be comfy but... I need an option that doesn't require a total cage change every 24 hours.  Any suggestions?

I have tried woody pet and it's pretty good but I think it's too hard for my piggies.  It's not comfy.  And care fresh is good but costs me $30 to change the 2 cages one time.  Any thoughts on corn cob or other bedding?

I feel bad that I can't give them soft fresh towels- they popcorn soooo much when I do the cage change but they are not potty trained AT ALL so they're not giving me much help and with 4 in one cage and 3 in the other it's tough.

Sorry this is so long, it's my dilema I can't seem to overcome!

Cindy F. & the California Crew