[Gpdd] CARE - Why shouldn't you feed guinea pigs beans?

Lydia Boland lydiagboland at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 23:39:09 EST 2005

>From what I have read they are high in starch and
problematic.  There are a few articles on the HRS
website.  I didn't see anything on the Peter Gurney
website.  Also, since they can cause gas that could
lead to serious problems.  I would think that bean
sprouts would be different.  Brussel sprouts might
cause too much gas.  Animals are just like people.
Some can do everything wrong and live forever, other
are more sensitive and you have to be really careful.
I haven't heard of runner beans before.

Lydia