[Gpdd] [HEALTH] transporting pig in winter

anifair anifair at comcast.net
Thu Feb 24 17:03:04 EST 2005

Hi Stephanie,
We're in PA, so our weather is just like yours. I find a box (bigger than a
shoebox, but not so big that he can run around in it), line it with a thick
towel, put the cuddle cup on top of that, put pig in, and put the flaps of
the first towel over the pig. From house to car (in garage) I close the top
lightly so he won't get a draft, then open it once in the car. Same
procedure from car to vet. It works okay, as long as you are quick about it.
Flannel is in bad shape right now, so I've had lots of practice with this
over the past week.
Good luck!
Anita & Flan (ailing)