[Gpdd] health: re wesleys itch

DunxUK at aol.com DunxUK at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 13:27:31 EST 2005

Hi
When my darlings got mites from a rougue batch of hay, I ended up having to
put Susie in a home made jacket, as he (yes a boy named sue..don't ask!!!) was
 scratching as if scratching was going out of fashion. I did this by using a
tubey grip bandage, with holes cut in for legs. It worked a treat, although
be  prepared for piglet being very unimpressed for about 5 mins, running
arround the  cage.
Just a couple of tips - make sure that the bandage is not too tight,  and  if
the skin is broken put a dry dressing on it.
This is not a long term option but it could make wes a little more comfy
until vet time
Love
Lisa and the Scottish Pigies.