[Gpdd] care- re:biting piggie

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 19:01:06 EST 2005

Hello Gary and Smores

Smores is in his brat teenage stage. Some guinea pigs
do bite until they are full grown. Occasionally, you
will find a pig that has an attitude all its life.
Most mellow out as they age though.
Some pigs hate to be held and biting is the only way
to tell you this. If he was in classroom, he may have
been handled too roughly by some of the kids. This
would give him an attitude towards people. He could be
thinking that you are going to hurt him because others
have hurt him before. Sometimes they will bite if they
are sick or if something is hurting them that you
don't know about too. You could take him to a vet for
a check up to make sure he is OK.
I have 3 boy guinea pigs that will be a year old in
April and they all three will bite if I hold them.
Hopefully, my three and your Smores will outgrow it.

Dawnda

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven

The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor.