[Gpdd] HEALTH: Wes and Zippy's vet visit

Lisa Choiniere lmchoiniere at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 19:06:26 EST 2005

Wesley and Mr. Zippy went to the vet today. No mites or running lice or any other sort of parasitic creature. Vet does not think it looks like ringworm but they are culturing it anyway. I did get some topicals to try. Conovite for Wesley (he looks like he has eczema in a few patches) and it is a liquid anti-microbial/anti-fungal. So we are going to give that a whirl.

Zippy gets to use Malaseb which is a similar product but in a shampoo since his issue is more widespread. So he gets baths twice a week for a while. It is a good thing he likes baths!

Hopefully this helps my babies. I am going to try some of your suggestions to keep Wes from itching himself raw!

I asked about Fozzy's issue (about buildup on his penis) and he told me Dawn soap "cuts the grease." So I will keep that in mind for the future although the tea tree oil worked quite well also. He is starting to forgive me now too which I am very glad for. It is horrible to have him snub me all the time!

Thanks for your help!
Lisa and the gang at Wheeks and Squeaks