[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] New Piggie

Godfreys godfreys at uslink.net
Sun Feb 27 18:37:18 EST 2005

I haven't been posting much lately  since I lost my Pig-Pig girl before Valentine Day - but I have been reading.  Anyway - last Wednesday I came home from work and when I went to hang up my smock I noticed that the piggie cage was gone from the corner of the basment where I had put it after I had cleaned everything up good.  Well... I went upstairs and there was Moe!  My husband had gone and found the most beautiful little boy - he's 3 months old and kind of looks like a baby wild rabbit - mottled browns with a couple carmel stripes running around him.  He's Moe because all of his hair grows up from his sides and and up from his butt and forms a mohawk all the way down the middle of his back.  He is very mellow and sweet and the most amazing part for me is that he LOVES VEGGIES! (for those of you that remember my Pig-Pig girl I just could not get her to eat any fruit or veggie of any kind - sometimes she would just hide in her pigloo for hours until you took them back out of her cage) so now I need advice - again:)  How much and how often do you guys give your piggies their veggies - and since he's so young is there things I should be careful of?  So far he loves romaine and parsely and tomatos- but is not so crazy about apples or greenpepper or carrots.  I noticed that as long as he has veggies handy he dosn't eat his hay - so maybe he should be without them for part of the day to force him to eat some hay when he's hungry?  Thank You in advance for any advice - I don't know what I would do without you all!

Ann